Monday, August 16, 2010

Digital Video


Digital video is a great tool for the classroom. I had a go at making my own video (with the help of other group members) for an English Curriculum assignment. Although it is fairly simple, with only images, music and little text, I still had fun creating the video. I know that students love to have a go at creating their very own video as I have seen this within my own prac experience. The students made their own Alebrijes and use those in groups to create a claymation picture story. The results were fantastic! And these were only year 2 students!! Imagine what an upper primary student could do! Some other ideas I have for the use of digital video in the classroom are to
create a photo-story or a class video for students to take home at the end of the year. I am sure there are many more uses, my mind is just a little blank at the moment =)

I do know, however, that I will definitely use digital video as an engaging and hands on tool for students in my future classroom. Does anyone have a different feeling towards digital video?

For some reason I can not get my video to upload. Can anyone help me with this?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ash
    I love digital movies as well. They are so engaging and emotive, and easily allow learners to make meaning and demonstrate their understandings.
    I can't wait to witness this is action, as I am yet to see it used in Prac.

    If you save your video to your desktop, then add it using the movie symbol, next to the image symbol. That's how I added my movie.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete