Sunday, July 18, 2010

WIKI spaces


Today I had a go at creating my own WIKI space. I found it was actually quite easy to use. I had fun creating it and choosing a theme. It was quite similar to designing my blog. WIKI spaces can be used for anything you want to write about. But unlike blogs, a WIKI space can be edited by other people. I create a list of things I had to do for my blog and will cross them off as each one is completed.

A WIKI could be a great classroom tool for collaborative assessment, group members could upload and share new information with their group members. It could also be great to use as a site for class excursions and camps, where the class could upload lists of items they need to bring and as someone thinks of something else they could add it to the page.

I would be interested in other ideas of how to use a WIKI in the classroom as this is something that I believe could be engaging for the learners.

=)

After reading Jessica and Kelly's blogs I noticed the had a different experience to me according to using WIKI's. You can see my comment on Jessica's blog here.

Kelly's blog had a great website with many uses for WIKI's within the classroom. I urge you to take a look at it as it contains some great ideas: Smart Teaching "50 ways to use a WIKI".

No comments:

Post a Comment