Monday, August 23, 2010

Learning Objects

Any digital resource, which can be used and reused to support students learning can be defined as a learning object (Wiley, 2002, cited in Bratina, Hayes & Blumsack, 2002).

Throughout both my practical experiences I have not seen any learning objects in use. However, I have had the chance to come in contact with a fair few throughout my university courses. I think learning objects would be a great tool to use within the classroom. They provide the opportunity for learners to not only acquire knowledge, but also to extend knowledge. Learning objects are engaging and I believe they would captivate students' interest within a lesson.
As I have been able to explore The Curriculum Exchange throughout my studies, I have noticed that there is a wide range of learning objects available for many topics in most KLAs. I would love the opportunity to see a learning object used within a classroom as this is an online tool I definitely believe I would use in my own classroom to explore certain topics with my students.

If anyone has any stories about the use of learning objects in their prac classroom I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment