Sunday, August 15, 2010

PowerPoint

Hi all.
It has been a while since blogging but I think it is time I started again as the due date is getting closer. I have got a little off track with other assignments but will be focussing on my blogs from now on!
This morning I had a look at PowerPoint. PowerPoint is probably the easiest to use so far as it is so common these days. I remember when I was back at school and I was so excited to use PowerPoint for my presentations. But what I don't understand now is with all this new technology, why are teachers and students still only using PowerPoint. Obviously not all are like that, but the ones I have had experience with are. In saying that, PowerPoint is a great tool as you can add images, text, moving images, sound and great transitions (to name only a few) in to them, and not to mention soooo easy to use!
PowerPoint can also be used in many ways within the classroom. It can be used as assessment pieces, where students collate all their information into a powerpoint. It could also be used as a fun way to answer a quiz, say the learning manager gives the class an internet quiz where they have to answer set questions by finding answers on the internet, they could make a slide for each answer and make it interesting. I have also seen it used as a great tool for students to talk about what they did on their holidays. That way they can bring in some photos from home to add or find images on the web of places they had been. That way it is not just writing for half an hour.
I'm sure there are many, many ways to incorporate PowerPoint in to the classroom. I would love to hear your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment